About Ecole Classique
Our mission is rooted in the values of our founders and the promise of education and enlightenment for all students. It is a fivefold mission:
- To learn;
- To understand with wisdom the past;
- To challenge with vigor the future;
- To act and achieve in the way of civilized man;
- And to stand with honor for God and country.
- To provide a welcoming and inclusive environment for all students, regardless of race, gender, religious affiliation or learning ability.
- To create a culture where students feel valued and cared for.
- To equally encourage traditional learning models and the practical life lessons that will serve our students throughout their careers and private lives.
- To develop students as curious, forward-thinking and productive individuals—and continually develop a learning place that creates the foundation for these critical characteristics.
Our mission was developed by Mr. Sal Federico, the original founder of our school. Ecole Classique was founded in 1956 with the guidance and advice of many parents in the Greater New Orleans area. Now in its 64th year, the school is still served by Mr. Federico, our headmaster, and he still relies on the input of parents and students as we evolve to meet the needs of our community. We have been located at our current campus in Metairie since 1979. Our facilities include state-of-the-art classroom technologies, broad arts, and athletics programs and a variety of extracurricular activities, all set on our beautiful 11-acre grounds. The legacy of the past lives on, thriving alongside our passionate embrace of the present—and the promise of the future. Ecole Classique is accredited by the State of Louisiana and by AdvancED (previously known as the Southern Association of Secondary Schools and Colleges).
The faculty and staff of Ecole Classique is dedicated to providing the best possible education for its students at a reasonable price. The administration of Ecole Classique consists of Sal Federico, headmaster; Greg Federico, elementary principal; David Federico, secondary principal; Julie Federico Gernhauser, admissions director; and Gina Federico Ney, preschool director. As a family the Federicos have over 250 years of education experience and are proud to operate a facility that has produced a number of very successful individuals in the community. All of the faculty members at Ecole Classique are certified and teaching in their teaching fields. Teacher turnover is rare, a factor that leads to continuity in the school.
Ecole Classique is located in Metairie, Louisiana. The campus covers 11 acres and consists of a preschool building, an elementary school building, a secondary school building, two gymnasiums, football-soccer-softball field, baseball field, swimming pool and play area. Ecole Classique has operated in this location since 1979. Previously, Ecole Classique was located in the uptown section of New Orleans.
Ecole Classique’s learning model is ever-evolving. We strive to keep our resources and facilities ahead of the technological and cultural curve in our continual efforts to provide the best and broadest education possible. Over the years, the support of many generous funders has helped make this goal a reality. Will you join them?
Ways to Give
- Register for our annual spring golf tournament
- Participate in our box top, Community Coffee, and Campbell’s label collections throughout the year
- Participate in monthly fundraising events at local venues as publicized on the website and Facebook page
- Donate directly – donations are accepted year round